Hiring a commercial lawn care contractor doesn’t need to leave you feeling hot and bothered this summer. With a bit of due diligence and the proper professional relationship, your landscape can stay healthy and green without making you blue in the face.
Before signing, however, make certain your commercial lawn care contract contains the following information:
- Deliverables, obviously: Your contract should list all landscape maintenance services to be provided. Mowing, mulching, leaf blowing, tree trimming, and anything else under the sun (and under your tree canopy) should be specified following a consultation with a prospective hire.
- Predetermined cost and all associated fees: Your commercial lawn care contract should include a well-defined payment structure, including all quoted costs, their respective due dates, potential expenses, and accepted forms of payment.
- Estimated start and end dates: Your projected timeline for services existing beyond routine lawn maintenance, such as landscape design and installation, is crucial. Cancellation procedures also should be explicitly outlined, including what advance notice must be given, etc.
- A detailed schedule of services: Are you commercial lawn care services being provided daily, weekly, monthly? Specify frequency for every line item, and leave nothing to the imagination.
- Provisions for dispute and/or changes to agreement: Disagreements are unfortunate, but not unheard of. Make sure your contract explains what rules you and your contractor must follow should the other not hold up his or her end of the bargain. Use this opportunity to include a force majeure clause, which specifies that neither party can be held liable for project delays in the event of an Act of God.
- Point of Contact. Let us help you out, here. At GroundsCare Landscape, our team blends the extensive company experience of our staff with a highly-personal approach to customer service, creating a uniquely fulfilling relationship with every one of our clients. If you have a commercial lawn care inquiry, call us today at 888-588-8451.